Sam Star Cabin
Sam Star is our romantic, secluded getaway located in prestigious Southern Hills area with paved roads. Due to many requests, we have built a spacious 1200 sq. ft., 1 bedroom cabin w/ a sports bar which has a professional pool table. (No you don’t put quarters in it.) Named after the husband of Belle Star, the “notorious Oklahoma lady outlaw”. Sam Star is only minutes away from Beavers Bend State Park & Mountain Fork River (2 mi.) & Broken Bow Lake Dam (3 mi.).
Sam Star boasts of stairs leading up to the main entrance then to the front & side covered decks, totaling 714 sq. ft of stairs & decks. On the back side deck relax in the private 5-6 person hot tub or sit beside the hot tub which has patio furniture & ceiling fan. There are steps leading down to the charcoal grill & another covered patio with table & chairs. On the front covered deck are deck rockers to kick back in & watch the deer coming through.
Downstairs includes the living room w/ sofa & loveseat, an electric simulated flame wood insert in the custom built fireplace, a 32″ cable HD smart TV/DVD between living room & pool area & WIFI internet. A landline telephone is provided for 911 calls, local calls, incoming calls & to forward your cell phone to if getting poor cell phone service. The phone # is posted in the cabin & sent in an email before arrival.
Down stairs also includes a full bath, a dining area with an island w/ 2 bar chairs, & a full kitchen including dishwasher, microwave, electric range/oven & frig. The kitchen is fully stocked with cookware, dishes & flatware. Also included- Mr. Coffee maker, blender, mixer, toaster & crock pot. There is a utility room to the side of the kitchen that includes a washer & dryer.
Walk upstairs from the living room & there is a sitting area w/ an oversize chair & ottoman & gaze out the window or relax & read. From there, go into the master bedroom w/ a king size bed, another electric simulated flame wood insert in a custom built fireplace, a 32″ HD cable smart TV/DVD & coffee bar w/ a Keurig coffee maker plus a full size bathroom. Then walk out the French doors opening onto the 80 sq ft balcony (w/ patio furniture) looking out at the National Forest, only 10 feet from the cabin. There is a built in ladder on the side of the outside wall for an escape route.
From the side deck walk down the stairs that lead to the outdoor campfire area & horseshoe pit. Sit back, watch the fire & enjoy nature or a game of horseshoes.
Sam Star is set back from the road leading down a hill with a winding driveway w/ flat level parking for boat & ATV trailers which is an added convenience. If pulling a trailer, you may want to come in a 4 wheel drive.
Sam Star is totally secluded & no other cabins can be seen from it. This is a great romantic getaway!
NO SMOKING, there will be a $100 cleaning fee for smoking in the cabin. Ash cans are provided outdoors
DO NOT CUT DOWN ANY TRESS OR SAPLINGS. This is destruction to privately owned property. $100 charge for any tree or sapling cut down. We love our trees!
PET FRIENDLY- no pet fee up to 3 pets. Do NOT bring over 3 pets!
Occupancy: 4 persons maximum
Bedrooms: 1 upstairs master bedroom
Beds: 1 king bed upstairs. queen sleeper sofa
Bathrooms: 2, fill one upstairs & full one downstairs
Cabin Rates –varies according to season & availability
Check rates reserving with Airbnb. Airbnb shows total cost BEFORE clicking the red reserve button.
Pet fee- no pet fee up to 3 pets. Do NOT bring over 3 pets!
3 nights minimum reservation all year except January & February.
2 nights minimum reservation in January & February.
No one night rentals!
All rates based on 2 persons. Maximum occupancy- 4 persons. Additional persons $12 each per night, children 6 yr. & under free
All I can say is perfect!! It met all of our expectations & more. We will definitely be back. I definitely could not be happier with this as our choice for our first getaway together as a couple. Thank you so much. We don’t want to leave.
Jamie & Jimmy Seminole, OK
More than exceeded our expectations. Wonderful weekend getaway & perfect for a birthday celebration. Thank you for such a memorable experience. P.S. The birthday cake was a wonderful surprise. Thank you soooooo much!!
Steven & Tammy Wylie, TX
The cabin was gorgeous! Love the seclusion! Felt like we were in the middle of the woods. Perfect romantic getaway! The thunderstorm was an ideal ending to a utopian weekend!
Christi & Steve Texarkana, TX
Featured Amenities: Firepit, Pool Table, Pet Friendly, Hot Tub, Horseshoes, WIFI internet, Smart TVs with cable
- Professional pool table in Sports Bar
- Outdoor fire pit w/ chairs
- Horseshoe pit w/ horseshoes
- 2 36" smart TV/DVDs w/ cable networks, 1 TV between living area & sports bar, 1 TV in bedroom
- Wrap around covered decks on 2 sides w/ hot tub, patio furniture, deck rockers
- Covered connected outdoor area w/ charcoal grill, table & chairs
- Ceiling fans indoors & outdoors on covered deck
- Covered 8x10 upstairs balcony from bedroom w/ outdoor furniture
- Upstairs master bedroom w/ French doors leading out to balcony
- Coffee bar w/ Keurig coffee maker in upstairs bedroom
- Full size kitchen
- electric range/oven
- frig w/ ice maker
- vent a hood microwave
- open pantry
- dishware, cooking ware, flat ware
- Mr. Coffee maker
- Keurig coffee maker
- toaster, blender, electric can opener, crock pot
- Central heat/air
- electric simulated flame fireplace upstairs & downstairs
- Laundry room w/ washer/dryer, iron & ironing board
- 2 full size baths,1 downstairs & 1 upstairs w/ hair dryer
- 4 towels, 2 washcloths & 1 hand towel in each bathroom
- bed linen w/ bed made on arrival
- bed linen & pillows for sleeper sofa in down stairs closet
- extra blankets
*Provided for your stay—coffee, K cups,creamer, sugar,, salt/pepper, paper towels, napkins, toilet tissue, bath soap, dishwasher soap, laundry soap, garbage bags.
- 4 coffee packets- makes 3-4 cups each- for Mr. Coffee maker
- coffee filters
- 8 k-cups for Keurig coffee maker
- Sweetener/Sugar /Creamer packets
- Kitchen dish towels & dishcloths in kitchen drawer
- Dishwasher Gel (enough for your stay)
- Dish washing Liquid (enough for your stay)
- Antibacterial Kitchen Spray (enough for your stay)
- BBQ Tools
- Bathroom Liquid Hand Soap (1/2 to full bottle each bathroom)
- Bathroom Bar Soap ( 2 bar soaps per bathroom)
- Paper Towels, 1 roll
- Paper Napkins (full holder on kitchen table)
- Toilet Tissue Paper (2 toilet tissues in each bathroom)
- Spray Air Freshener in bathrooms (1 in each bathroom)
- Washer Detergent (1/2 of 64 fl oz, generic)
- Dryer Sheets (1/2 to full box)
- garbage bags in bottom of garbage cans
If you think you will need more than furnished above, please bring additional.
- alarm clock
- Hair dryer
- playing cards/dominoes
- iron & ironing board
- deck rockers
- patio chairs at campfire area
- Hotel size shampoo & conditioner