Morning Star Cabin
Morning Star Cabin is on the far end of Five Star Mountain Lodge with lots of privacy. Located in prestigious Southern Hills, it is only minutes from Beavers Bend State Park, Broken Bow Lake, and Mountain Fork River. The lodge is on 7 1/3 acres with a 1/4 mile winding drive from the road.
This 876 sq. ft. cabin guest house is perfect for one or two adults. The downstairs includes a living area, with a flat screen cable 36″ TV/DVD, an electric log stove, a roll-top desk including WIFI (the network & password is emailed before arrival & also in cabin info book on coffee table), leather furniture, wood blinds and French doors. The kitchen has all the amenities, included is a fridge w/ ice maker, range/oven, microwave, dishwasher, & granite counter tops,Mr Coffee coffee maker, toaster, blender & crock pot. There is also a walk in pantry & a half bath downstairs.
Upstairs includes a king master bedroom with a 36″ flat screen cable TV/DVD, a coffee bar (including coffeemaker, microwave, small fridge, sink, & granite counter tops) & an electric log stove. Walk out to the small covered bedroom balcony and gaze at the Kiamichi Mountains in the National Forest w/ the boundary only 10 ft from the cabin. Also upstairs you will find a large walk-in closet, and full bath with a shower/tub combination, sink with granite counter tops and separate vanity.
A landline telephone is included for 911 calls, local calls, incoming calls & to forward your cell phone to if getting poor cell phone service. The phone # is posted in the cabin & sent in an email before arrival. The landline is shared with Evening Star.
Outdoors includes its own 230 sq. ft. concrete private covered patio with hot tub, patio furniture, & charcoal grill. Also included is an outdoor kitchen with sink, gas grill, charcoal grill, & smoker, plus a campfire area w/ outdoor chairs. The propane is furnished for the gas grill & smoker. Please bring your own charcoal & lighter fluid.
This is also ideal for fishermen w/ the outdoor kitchen also being a fish cleaning station. Drive up right beside the outdoor kitchen w/ your boat and transfer your fish from the live well to the fresh cold water running sink. Clean & cook your fish, or bag & take home!
Also at the Five Star Mountain Lodge (which includes Morning Star), there is an outdoor 16’x32′ salt water swimming pool (seasonal only), for guests only here at the Lodge. The pool includes an outdoor bar area, deck loungers chairs & patio furniture.
Relax, retreat & revive from hectic every day life!
An excellent get away for a couple!
NO SMOKING, there will be a $100 cleaning fee for smoking in cabin. Ash cans are provided outdoors
DO NOT CUT DOWN ANY TREES OR SAPLINGS! This is destruction to privately owned property. $100 charge for each tree or sapling cut down. We love our trees!
NO PETS PLEASE!
Adults Only, No Children Allowed
Occupancy: 2 Adults Only, No Children Allowed (no exceptions)
Bedrooms: 1 upstairs master bedroom
Bathrooms: 1 1/2, full upstairs & half downstairs
Beds: Two Kings, two twins, full size futon
Floors: 2 floors 1220 sq. ft. Covered “farmer’s” porch across all of front—288 sq. ft. Covered deck across all of back with additional area for hot tub—370 sq. ft. Upstairs outside covered balcony—30 sq. ft.
Cabin Rates – Take 10% Discount Special off regular rates below!!! – Limited time! Book now!
Rates: $179-$189 per night • June, July, August $199 per night
Selected Holiday Weeks,Festivals, Fall & Spring Break $199per night
No one night rentals!
We had a great time! The cabin is beautiful! It will always hold a special place in our hearts because we got engaged right here (in the hot tub). We will be back down here in a few months for our wedding. Thanks for making our time special.
Paul & Andrea Choctaw, OK
Happy New Year! Well, the cabin is obviously amazing- cozy, romantic, secluded, & just plain awesome! Hot tubbin in the wee hours of night, snuggling in the softest sheets ever and enjoying the surroundings makes this place a little slice of Heaven. But what made our trip most memorable was sitting around the campfire with our new found friends from “Evening Star” & owner, Rhonda, on New Year’s Eve drinking wine & whatever else & laughing for nearly 4 hours! Couldn’t have been a better way to welcome the New Year!!
Tom & Dana McKinney, TX
Featured Amenities: Firepit, Pool Table, Hot Tub, WIFI, Swimming Pool
Covered Outdoor Kitchen-kitchen sink, gas/charcoal grills, smoker, lights, ceiling fan, patio table & chairs. Great fish cleaning station. Pull boat up beside the kitchen & unload fish!
- 36" HD digital TV/DVDs w/ Directv satellite
- 1 TV in living area and 1 TV in bedroom with satellite receivers
- Upstairs small balcony overlooking the National Forest
- Ceiling fans in living area and bedroom , Upstairs master bedroom w/ French doors leading out to balcony plus a coffee bar,
- Full size kitchen w/ electric range/oven
- frig w/ ice maker, vent a hood microwave,
- dishwasher & walk-in pantry
- Central heat/air, electric simulated flame fireplace heaters upstairs & downstairs
- Laundry room w/ washer/dryer available
- iron & ironing board
- 1 1/2 baths
- ½ bath downstairs & full bath upstairs w/ hair dryer
*Provided for your stay—coffee, creamer, sugar, salt/pepper, paper towels, napkins, toilet tissue, bath soap, dishwasher soap, laundry soap, and garbage bags.
- bed linens/pillows
- extra blankets
- bath towels
- kitchen towels/ pot holders
- dishes, pots & pans
- coffee maker
- alarm clock
- Hair dryer
- playing cards/dominoes
- iron & ironing board
- deck rockers
- patio chairs at campfire area
- Outdoor pool table & TV in covered solarium breezeway (enclosed in winter with propane heater & wood stove)
- Outdoor 16'x32' salt water swimming pool (warm weather only) (Includes outdoor shower, bar table/chairs, patio furniture & deck chairs)
- Outdoor kitchen with charcoal grill, gas grill, smoker, kitchen sink & table/chairs) (Great fish cleaning station, just pull boat up beside kitchen)
- Coffee / Filters (Maxwell House coffee in frig, enough for 3 to 4 pots)
- Sweetener/Sugar / Creamer (Sugar for coffee only, Coffee Mate powder creamer)
- Kitchen dish towels & dish cloths
- Dishwasher Gel (enough for your stay)
- Dishwashing Liquid (enough for your stay)
- Antibacterial Kitchen Spray for counters (enough for your stay)
- BBQ Tools
- Bathroom Liquid Hand Soap (1/2 to full bottle each bathroom)
- Bathroom Bar Soap ( 2 bar soaps per bathroom)
- Paper Towels (2 rolls)
- Paper Napkins (full holder on kitchen table)
- Toilet Tissue Paper (3 toilet tissues in each bathroom)
- Spray Air Freshener in bathrooms (1 in each bathroom)
- Washer Detergent (1/2 of 64 fl oz, generic)
- Dryer Sheets (1/2 to full box)
If you think you will need more than furnished above, the please bring additional.